AHECS is the voice of higher education careers and employability professionals across Ireland representing 25 universities, Institutes of Technology and HE providers. As a professional community of over 250 careers and employability professionals we focus on the career success of the 300,000 students studying throughout Ireland- 70,000 of whom are preparing for graduation.
As a professional membership organisation, our brand attributes are: Expert, Collaborative and Leading.
- Expert because we represent the combined knowledge of hundreds of careers professionals and over 300,000 students.
- Collaborative, because we believe that knowledge, resources and experience should be freely shared.
- Leading, because we are the voice of the higher education careers and employability sector in Ireland.
Benefits for Employers:
AHECS can provide you with:
- The opportunity to raise your brand profile across all 25 member institutions and 250 careers & employability staff who in turn work directly with 300,000 higher education students throughout
- Targeted access to graduate and work placement talent.
- Advice relating to setting up graduate or work placement programmes.
- Assistance in developing diversity programmes (first generation college students, LGBTQ+ / EDI /neurodiversity).
- Accurate and up to date insights into what students are looking for directly from those working with them on a day to day basis.
- Free access to national employer surveys on graduate recruitment, skills demands and innovations in graduate and work placement recruitment together with insights to the latest labour
market trends and data on graduate employability.
- Employer events allowing you to network with graduate recruiters across a range of sectors, sharing best practice and keeping up to date with current trends.
- Access to academic staff and faculty across 25 universities, Institutes of Technology and HE providers.
- Opportunities to collaborate and partner in research.
Engage with us:
- Join us at our AHECS biennial conferences – the single biggest event in the higher education careers calendar.
- Invite us in – tell us about your organisation
- Volunteer your time to run skills workshops.
- Invite our students on-site.
Sponsor various targeted initiatives?? Support / fund AHECS – we need your help.
TOGETHER We’re linking great students with great employers
TOGETHER We can help solve the skills shortage
TOGETHER We can make your business succeed
TOGETHER We’re transforming student outcomes across Ireland
TOGETHER We can do so much more