Objectives of Working Group 2017 – 2018:
Based on the findings from the study carried out by the working group in 2016 “Careers Provision for Doctoral Students – A survey of National and International Institutions” to:
- Disseminate findings at national and international events:
- Workshop presentation: Vitae Researcher Development International Conference Sept 2016
- Presentation at the gradireland Higher Education Awards & Symposium Nov 2016
- Poster presentation at AGCAS Conference ‘Research with a practical punch: using research to inform careers and employability delivery’ 3rd July 2017.
- Establish a virtual network to facilitate collaboration and sharing of best practice with international institutions
- Organise one day training and networking day.
- Event to explore options outside of academia in 2018
- Research medium to long-term career pathways of research postgraduate students’ in 2018
- The group to meet approx. 3 times a year.
- Host a one day training and networking event
Task Group Members
Career Development Advisor
00353 91 493169 Ext: 3169
Senior Careers Adviser
Dr Sharon Milner
Employability Development Manager & Task Group Chair
+44 28 9036 8038
Postgraduate Careers Advisor
Career and Skills Consultant (Graduate Research Students)
+ 353 1 716 7520
+353 1 896 3764/1721